Vancouver is full of luxurious dining, outings, and places to visit, but if you’re looking to save your pennies, it is also a great city for those on a budget! There are ample things to do affordably and even for free, across the city/region. Check out some of the top free things to do in Vancouver:
1) Stanley Park; This park is arguably the heart of Vancouver, people love this park for its greenspace, walking path, and fresh air. Take your friends, family, and even fur friends for a walk, picnic, ice cream or just some R&R.
2) Granville Island; Though it is known for its shopping, Granville Island is a great place to just walk around as well. It is full of history, interesting architecture, and outdoor festivals or shows for people of all ages.
3) Grouse Grind; This hike is no easy climb, but the view at the top is worth it. If you love the outdoors then the Grouse Grind hike is definitely for you.
4) Canada Place; A great place to finish your day. Lots of ships to watch, as well as peaceful walking trails and nature.
5) Fairmont Hotel Vancouver; Though staying here may be out of your budget, visiting is Free! The architecture, the art, and the history will have you in awe.
6) Olympic Village; Stroll through the site where the magic happened, the site of the 2010 olympics. There are also a lot of interesting art expos of different genres as well as other attractions nearby.
7) Free Museums; That’s right, there are some museums in the city that you can get into for free. These museums are a great learning opportunity. Check out the art gallery on Tuesdays (it is by donation only) as well as The Observatory and the Burnaby Village Museum.